Baron Contracting, Inc. Scholarship
Baron Contracting, Inc. is a leading home improvement company in Virginia that is committed to ‘Improving our community one home at a time’. We specialize in replacement windows, siding, trim, doors, and roof replacement. Since 1991, we have proudly been serving Richmond, Virginia Beach, Fredericksburg, and cities all across Virginia and parts of North Carolina.
At Baron Contracting, Inc. we truly care about the youth and their education, and that’s why we are deeply committed to our annual college scholarship contest. Each year, we award a $1,000 college scholarship to one U.S. undergraduate in business, business management, advertising, sales, marketing, or related fields. Will you be our next award recipient?
It’s time to show off your talents! If you want to win this $1,000 scholarship, you’ll need to write an essay and impress us with your smarts.
Qualifications / Eligibility:
- Full-time, U.S. undergraduate seeking a degree in marketing, business management, sales or related field.
- Must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and provide a copy of their school transcript.
- Submit an original 900 – 1,600 word essay entitled “Baron Contracting, Inc. Scholarship.” The paper must be signed with the student’s full name and .edu email address.
- Agree to permit Baron Contracting, Inc. to publish your essay (whether a winner or not) in our Blog post. Credit will be given to the writer, unless requested otherwise.
Now more than ever, consumers are concerned about the environment and how it impacts our weather, and specifically our future. With that said, the essay must answer the following three (3) questions:
1.In what ways do you believe replacing a home’s roof and/or windows preserves energy?
2.Do you think these products pay for themselves, and if so, how? Feel free to include ways that may not be as obvious as others.
3.How do you think these products might conserve even more energy in the future of technology advances?
Mail your official transcript and essay to:
Baron Contracting, Inc. – c/o Attn: Scholarships Department
501 Central Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Be sure to include all your contact information, such as the college you attend, your email, and phone number.
- Essay will be postmarked by October 1st, annually
- Winner will be selected by November 10th, annually
- Disbursement awards by December 15th, annually
Terms and Conditions:
- The Baron Contracting, Inc. Scholarship award will be submitted to the financial aid office that corresponds the student’s primary .edu email address.
- The essays submitted will be judged by Baron Contracting, Inc. scholarship team based on creativity and writing ability.
- Baron Contracting, Inc. will attempt to notify the winner by phone and email. If winner does not respond within 30 days we reserve the right withhold the award and/or offer it to the runner up.
- After the winner is chosen, enrollment and qualifications will be confirmed.
- Baron Contracting, Inc. employees and immediate family are not eligible to apply.
- Baron Contracting, Inc. reserves the right to withhold disbursement in the event that no applicant meets the scholarship’s requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude.
If an applicant no longer meets the eligibility requirements at the time of distribution, Baron Contracting, Inc. will offer the award to the next runner up.
Baron Contracting, Inc. respects the privacy of its scholarship applicants. Baron Contracting, Inc. will keep confidential any personally identifiable information provided by a scholarship applicant in the context of applying for a scholarship, and will only use said information for the purpose for which it was collected (i.e., verifying scholarship eligibility and/or contacting the applicant about the scholarship). Baron Contracting, Inc. will not transfer (including but not limited to sharing, selling, renting, or trading) a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information to third parties unless the applicant explicitly grants Baron Contracting, Inc. permission to do so, and Baron Contracting, Inc. will not use a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information to sell and/or advertise its products and/or services to the applicant, unless otherwise specified in the scholarship rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Baron Contracting, Inc. reserves the right to disclose a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information as required to comply with any applicable laws or as necessary to protect Baron Contracting, Inc.’s rights, and Baron Contracting, Inc. also reserves the right to alter this policy at any time with or without notice.